CNC Machining Metal
- Client – Borg Warner
- Industry – Automotive (Electric Vehicle)
- Technology – 5 Axis CNC Machining from Aluminium Billet
- Other Manufacturing options – Metal Casting / Metal Printing
- Quantity – 55 sets of 4 components
- Leadtime – Varying depending on batch call off
- Brief – Parts required urgently while Metal Cast tooling is being made
Borg Warner approached us to produce these Enclosures for ac/dc converters and other ancillary electrical components, for production Electric Vehicles.
Leadtime was paramount and such that the first set of parts for appraisal/approval were machined and ready in just over a week.
We also offered Metal Cast parts but the tooling lead time was longer and the parts were subject to design changes and tweaks during the program.
CNC Machining Polycarbonate
- Client – Confidential
- Industry – Automotive (Powertrain)
- Technology – CNC Machining from Polycarbonate billet
- Other Manufacturing options – SLA / FDM / Vacuum Casting
- Quantity – 1 set of parts comprising of 6 parts
- Leadtime – 4 weeks
- Brief – Parts required for an Oil Lubrication Study
A UK Based Powertrain research company approached us to produce a Transmission assembly comprising of multiple interlocking components in metal and plastic.
The customer originally used Vacuum Cast parts for a previous project but found these ‘yellowed’ and the polyurethane used couldn’t handle the upper temperature require for the running test.
We advised the client to use parts machined from PC as this was quicker, cheaper, didn’t yellow and could operate at a higher temp of 140C.
Our client has now ordered the 3rd Generation of this Transmission Casing from us.